Michael represents the Firm’s Public Finance Section in the Houston office. He has served as Co‐Bond Counsel, Disclosure Counsel, and Underwriters’ Counsel in municipal financing matters related to the Houston Independent School District, Harris County, the City of Houston’s Convention and Entertainment Facilities Department, Combined Utility System, and Airport System, as well as Cy‐Fair Independent School District, the City of Beaumont, Texas, and the City of Shreveport. These transactions involve a variety of complex financing strategies including independent school district bonds, refundings, variable‐rate and fixedrate issues, general obligation bonds, revenue bonds, certificates of obligation, and commercial paper programs.
Michael participates in several closings as lead attorney for the Firm in the Greater Houston area and assisted in other transactions in the Greater Dallas area.
- Public Finance
- Real Estate
- Lactson serves as Co‐Disclosure Counsel and Co‐Bond Counsel (2012) for an aggregate par amount of $2.1 billion for the Houston Independent School District Bonds (2012‐Present)
- He is Disclosure Counsel for an aggregate amount of $1.0 billion
Cypress‐Fairbanks Independent School District School Building Bonds (2015‐Present)
- He served as Co‐Bond Counsel for an aggregate par amount of $598
million City of Houston Airport System Special Facility Bonds (2014‐
- J.D., University of Texas, 2008
- B.A., University of Texas, 2003
- Senior Associate, West & Associates, L.L.P.
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- REPTL ‐ Real Estate Forms Committee Member
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Board Member, Houston Alumni Youth Center
- St. John’s Church Downtown Houston
- Board Member, City of Houston Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone
- Houston Land Assemblage Redevelopment Authority
- Texas Economic Development Council
We welcome your email, but please understand that communications via email or through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship between you and West & Associates, LLP or any of its lawyers.
Unless we reach an agreement with regard to representation, the information you provide will not be treated as confidential or privileged, and any such information may be used adversely to you and for the benefit of current or future clients of the law firm.